Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Understanding Makes The World Peaceful.

Naoko Miyoshi

I agree globalization leads to cultural understanding and can pave the way to global peace. No one can live alone and everyone needs someone who can understand him or herself. It is a very natural thing for a human’s life. So I think understanding is really important, even with people from different countries. 

For example, I’m studying here in NZ and I have to communicate with other people from other countries. I can talk to them in English (my English is still bad though) and we can understand each other. We are able to have good friendships with many people, because we are in here now, and studying English is also globalization. 

For instance, I was really worrying about communicating with other people from other countries, because I can't communicate with them in Japanese and I didn't know about their culture or thinking. Moreover they can speak extremely better English than me. So I was afraid of them, but when I came here I had to talk to some people from other countries. At first, I was nervous, however I noticed they are very kind and friendly, and I can study about their culture. 

I think we can’t slip out of globalization, even if someone wants to run away from it. In my case, I’m into studying English and communicating with other people, so I don’t want to slip out of globalization. In fact I want to experience globalization more and more because if everyone is able to understand each other and be gentler, we won't have fights anymore. I hope the world becomes peaceful.

6 comments:

  1. Knowing and understanding is the first step to make the world peaceful, I think. So it's really important thing. Also after understanding, we must take action for peace!!
    Globalization is the good oppotunity that we can think about the world peace:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do agree globalisationo can lead to world peace....
    same as the students here, we can study peacefully and work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually we experience globalization through learning English right now. I understand and am interested in your idea that says globalization like studying English to communicate with people from other countries is a good way to get together and live as one with people from any countries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so!but I don't think that it could be possible. I think that the war was born with the humanity and could be finish just with the end of humanity. The war is inside our DNA.We can try to stop it but it will be really difficult. In Italy we say: until there is life,there is hope...and until there is hope, there is war!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think so.
    ppl become friendly and nice after understanding.
    it is the way to prevent war=)

    ReplyDelete