Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Action in the Present

Masayuki Sato
 
Humankind looks forward to the future and always imagines what will happen in the future. They predict many things in the future; robots, flying cars, a high technological society etc. Culture and technology has been developed and progressed through dreaming these kinds of things in the past. But sometimes we only anticipate it, and then do nothing for it. I’ve heard one saying which throws light on the future effectively: “If you want to understand what result will be manifested in the future, look at the causes that exist in the present.” This is a really old saying which was made about 900 years ago in Japan. When I read this, I felt this was definitely true.
 
This saying means what we do now decides what will happen or how we will be in the future. About exams, for instance, if you study hard now, you may be able to get a good result in the future. If not, it is very likely you won’t get a bad result. Thinking simply, when you want something to eat now, if you don’t move and buy anything, you can’t eat and fulfill your desire. It is necessary to look at the future but according to this statement, action in the present is more important for us.
 
Of course, it is the decision of individuals what you do now. It is good to do nothing for some persons, also it is good to act for the future for some persons. For me, I hope my future will be beautiful and bright. That’s why I would like to think a great deal of the present time and act now.
  

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you.
    I also hope my future will be beautiful and bright, so I know I have to think a great deal of the present time and act...however as you know I'm a negative person!!!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Evening or Masa. your article convinced me to do something in the present in order to get better future and I think thats what the future depends on ( our action ).

    ReplyDelete