Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fashions, after all, are only induced epidemics. -- George Bernard Shaw


Ritsuko Araki

 

Yes!! Absolutely!! It is not too much to say that nothing is more

ridiculous than fashion. Nowadays, people, especially young people, are too

subject to other's fashions. I think one of the reasons is that we have

many opportunities to see other fashion in a lot of advertisements in this

world, for example, in magazines, on TV shows etc. In fact, we should decide by

ourselves what we wear. It is nothing to do with others. 

 

Most young people sometimes feel anxious when they don't have what

others have. They  feel that it seems to be out-of-date although being

old-fashioned is not illegal. People often say that we have to keep our

originality because we are all different, & no one is the same. But actually,

people are going in the opposite direction to what we suggest.


I can't say that fashion is valueless but I can't say that it is

valuable. Practically, fashion trends are passing through very quickly. In

this situation, how many people keep clothes for many years? I think

there must be few. People are just looking at the present fashion

trend. If so, how wasteful that we try to follow the trend!! This is a kind

of disease!! 


Wake up, guys!!   

3 comments:

  1. I'm awake and I don't care about fashion but I have my own style which makes me different from others and I don't think it's silly if you want to be special but it's silly if you want to own everything and anything. I can be stylish even if I'm naked because I have my own style and I dont need to own lots of thing to be special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with you:D Fashion trends change to new ones very quickly, as you said. So for me following the up-date fashion is meaningless. I don't care about fashion and am not interested in it. Moreover, fashion doesn't have meanings for the chabby, like me!!!! We can't wear clothes freely if we find some cool jacket or jeans because of our body style!!haha I don't follow trendy fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you!!!
    Fashion tends to change to new ones sooooo quickly!!!
    sometimes it's quite hard for girls i think...

    ReplyDelete