Thursday, September 17, 2009

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.


Ritsuko Araki

About money, there are some kinds of people in the world. People who can manage how to spend money well, people who waste their money, people who are rich originally, people who got poor suddenly, for example, by losing a job, and so on.

Under such a situation, some people lend money to somebody else and others borrow it. Lending and borrowing money are not always bad but not always good, I don't like these actions though. I think, normally, they are performed in trust. We can’t do these without trust, especially lending money. Who can lend money to people he or she can’t trust? It must be nobody.

But actually, neither a borrower nor a lender would feel comfortable in that situation because the action of borrowing could make the borrower nervous of the lender and, at the same time, the action of lending gives fear to the person who lends the money. Fear means, for example, something like worrying if he/she is sure to return the money to me or not, and when he/she will pay the money back to me, and so on.

My parents often say to me that one mustn’t lend money even to a very close friend and also if we lend money to somebody, we should think the money will never return to us. Lending is giving. I couldn't understand what they meant as a child but now, I really understand it because I know money sometimes makes people lose control and both lending and borrowing money sometimes causes a 
big problem and can bust up people’s relationship.

The most important thing for us is to control our financial conditions well by ourselves. If we can do it, we don’t need to lend or borrow money anymore. It leads everyone to happiness!!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely true!Sometimes money makes human beings mad or their mind weak so some problems happen.
    As you said, we should learn how to control what kind of things we should buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lending and borrowing in my opinion is a sensitive step a person should be careful before he/she decide to do it. However, as you said the most important thing that we should trust the one who's gonna borrow from us. But if he/she was my very close friend I wont be worry about my money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some situations related to money are always quite serious and it means money control our relationship. I don't want to be controlled by money and feel it is very miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the idea of giving money as a present and not lending is the idea we need! You're right in this point.

    ReplyDelete